Jimmy Kimmel: Exceptional Host, A Loving Husband And Caring Father: Balancing The Multiple Roles Single Handedly!
Renowned for his show, Jimmy Kimmel Live!, Jimmy Kimmel is loved by his fans for his jolly and pranking attitude and an amazing host but the real-life Kimmel without a doubt wins the title of the most loving and caring father and a husband.
Kimmel has been happily married to writer Molly McNearney. since 2013 and blessed with four adorable children.
Jimmy Kimmel Has Travelled Milestones With Wife Molly McNearney: Happily Married With Four Children
The 50-year-old television host Jimmy Kimmel is living a blissful married with his wife Molly McNearney since 2013.
Kimmel and McNearney started dating back in 2009. At the time, the latter was a co-head writer for Jimmy Kimmel Live while the former hosted the show.
After three years of dating, the couple got engaged in August 2012. According to People, Kimmel proposed his then-girlfriend during their vacation in South Africa’s Kruger National Park.
Kimmel and McNearney eventually became husband and wife in July 2013 after exchanging vows in in Ojai, California. Howard Stern, John Krasinski, Matt Damon, Ben Affleck, Emily Blunt and several other stars attended the ceremony.
The couple welcomed their first child together, a daughter Jane Kimmel in August 2012 and their second child, a son William ("Billy") John Kimmel was born on 21st April 2017.
The newborn Billy was born with a rare congenital heart defect, Tetralogy of Fallot (TOF) with pulmonary atresia which was diagnosed after three hours of his birth.
Kimmel revealed about his son's rare disease during his show Jimmy Kimmel Live. He shared the experience in tears and stated:
“They found that Billy was born with, um, a heart disease. Uh … something called Tetralogy of Fallot with pulmonary atresia.” “It's hard to explain,”
“Basically, the pulmonary valve was completely blocked. And he has a hole in the wall between the left and right sides of his heart.”
Watch Video here: Jimmy Kimmel Reveals Details of His Son’s Birth & Heart Disease
The infant underwent the surgery at Children’s Hospital Los Angeles after three days of his birth and again in December 2017. As per some source, Bill is "recovering well" following his second heart surgery.
Kimmel is dedicated father and also a loving husband. McNearney once revealed the caring and nurturing behavior her husband saying:
“Our Christmas cards and stationery are all handmade by him; our wedding invitation, he drew. He makes vinegar, he makes pasta from scratch. He really is Martha Stewart. I’ve never met a man that’s so feminine and so masculine at the same time.”
Kimmel indeed is a family man.
Jimmy Kimmel: Past Relationship and Dating History
Molly McNearney is Kimmel's second wife. He was previously married to his college sweetheart, Gina Maddy in 1988. The couple was first introduced while they both were students at the Arizona State University.
Kimmel and Maddy together share two children, a daughter, Katherine Kimmel who was born in 1991 and a son, Kevin Kimmel who was born in 1993.
Kimmel and Maddy were married for about 14 years, however, they got divorced in 2002. Kimmel then started dating comedian Sarah Silverman in the same year. They got separated in 2008 and reunited briefly, however, they eventually got a part in March 2009. Silverman then started dating actor Michael Sheen.
Jimmy Kimmel: Quick Facts
- Jimmy Kimmel was born James Christian Kimmel on November 13, 1967, in Brooklyn, New York, U.S. to Joan (née Iacono) and James John Kimmel.
- His nationality is American and he is Caucasian as per ethnicity.
- He is 6'ft. (1.83 m) tall.
- Kimmel attended Ed W. Clark High School, the University of Nevada, Las Vegas and the Arizona State University.
- He started his career in radio industry during his high school days.
- He is the co-founder of annual Los Angeles Feast of San Gennaro.
- He also served as a host of Primetime Emmy Awards in 2012 and 2016, and the Academy Awards in 2017 and 2018.
- Kimmel was named among 100 Most Influential People in the World by Time magazine in 2013.
- His favorite movie is 1978's The One and Only.
- He has gone an emergency appendectomy surgery back in 2007.
- He's a professional bass clarinet player.
- His net worth is $35 million.