Meteorologist Maria Timmer Got Married To Reed Timmer At A Volcano-Details About Their Wedding Life and Pictures!
Most wedding pictures look alike- different couples and new settings but it's usually the same white gown, groom in a suit and wedding atmosphere. But, for the meteorologist Maria Timmer and her meteorologist and storm chaser husband Reed Timmer, things were quite different.
The meteorologist chose the top of Masaya Volcano in Nicaragua as their wedding location.So, the pictures were completely unconventional as well.
The former meteorologist for Fox News Channel, Maria who resigned from the network in 2016 to pursue her Ph.D. at Central Michigan University is happily married to her husband Reed.
Maria Timmer and Reed Timmer's Married life
Happily married couple, Maria Timmer and Reed Timmer are together since 2015. Since the couple shares the same passion for weather reporting, they first met while reporting a tornado in Mayflower, Arkansas in early 2014.
Maria Timmer and Reed Timmer in an event
After dating for about nearly a year, Reed popped the question and they got engaged in October 2014. Storm Chaser Reed shared the big news via his Twitter on 5 October 2014.
— Reed Timmer (@ReedTimmerAccu) October 5, 2014
Maria also shared a picture of them on her Facebook writing:
They say when you know, you know. I am so happy to share with you that we are engaged!
A little video proof:
As both of them are weather reporters, the lovebirds also took a weather-related romantic photograph to commemorate their engagement. The pair took the beautiful underwater snap inside a pool at the Biltmore Hotel in Miami which was covered as a story on Fox and Friends.
Maria Timmer and Reed Timmer's wedding
After a year of engagement, Maria and Reed tied the knot in December 2015. The couple exchanged their vows on top of Masaya Volcano in Nicaragua which is one of the most active volcanoes in the Western Hemisphere.
Maria Timmer and Reed Timmer in their wedding
The beautiful moment of their nuptial was captured by photographer Mike Olbinski. To capture the beautiful pictures, they made a trip of more than 4,500 miles to the Masaya Volcano in Nicaragua. What else can you expect when two hardcore meteorologists wed?
— Reed Timmer (@ReedTimmerAccu) December 28, 2015
After the ceremony, Reed shared their wedding location:
Since we were brought together through a shared passion for extreme weather and nature, we agreed it was the perfect spot to get married. Even a dust devil hit the ceremony right as Maria started walking down the aisle.
Currently, Maria and Reed are in the second year of their married life. Let's hope the sky remains always clear as far as their marriage is concerned.
Maria Timmer: Quick Facts
- Maria Timmer was born as Maria Molina Timmer.
- She was born on April 7, 1987, in Nicaragua.
- She is 5' (1.52 m) tall.
- Maria studied at Florida State University where she received a Bachelor of Science degree in meteorology and minors in Mathematics and Communications.
- She has done the University Honors Program and the Honors in the Major Program requirements.
- Timmer attended the Columbia University in the City of New York where she earned a Masters of Arts degree in Climate and Society.
- Currently, she is doing her Ph.D. at Central Michigan University.
- Fox News Channel hired Maria in October 2010, but she resigned from the network in September 2016 to pursue a Ph.D.
Reed Timmer: Quick Facts
- Reed Timmer celebrates his birthday on March 17, he was born in 1980.
- He was born in Grand Rapids, Michigan, U.S.
- His birth sign is Pisces.
- He studied at Forest Hills Central High School in Grand Rapids, MI, and earned a degree in meteorology at the University of Oklahoma (OU).
- He has a Ph.D. in Meteorology from the OU in 2015.
- Reed also appeared in the reality television series Storm Chasers, documentary film Tornado Glory and the series Tornado Chasers.
- He received the national championship in the tree identification event at Science Olympiad in 1996.