Is Actress Abigail Breslin Dating Anyone Following Her Rape Revelation In 2017?
Last year, Abigail Breslin revealed that she was raped by her ex-boyfriend and was even diagnosed with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder following the incident.
But it seems like the actress has now overcome the nightmare and has found new love. Who is Abigail's boyfriend? Let's find about her love life after the unfortunate happening.
Is Actress Abigail Breslin Dating Anyone? Who Is Her Boyfriend?
Despite the bitter experience of love, Abigail Breslin seems to have moved on. She is dating Ira Kunyansky according to her official Instagram.
Breslin took to Instagram to make her relationship officially with her beau. On her Instagram post on 15 September, the 22-year-old Little Miss Sunshine actress shared a cute picture of her kissing Kunyansky on his cheek.
She captioned the post:
“When everythings chill and ur hangin with bae and then someone walks in in the same outfit."
Since then Kunyansky has been spotted in Breslin's Instagram occasionally. The actress most recently shared a snap of her kissing her beau.
She then wrote:
"he’s alright I guess."
Previously, she was rumored to be in a romantic relationship with several celebrities. The list includes actor Freddie Highmore, the lead guitarist and backing vocalist of the band, All Time Low Jack Barakat, Australian guitarist, Michael Clifford and British actor Tom Sturridge.
The actress never officially confirmed her relationship with any of them.
Abigail Breslin Revealed Being Raped By Her Ex-boyfriend: Why She Didn't Report The Rape
Breslin was raped by her former boyfriend and she took to Instagram to make the horrifying revelation and confessed that she did not report him as she didn't want to view herself as a ‘victim’.
Breslin wrote on her Instagram post on 22 April 2018:
“I did not report my rape. I didn’t report it because of many reasons. First off, I was in complete shock and total denial. I didn’t want to view myself as a ‘victim’ so I suppressed it and pretended it never happened.”
She explained that she was feared of not being believed and also hurt her family and friends:
“Second of all, I was in a relationship with my rapist and feared not being believed. I also feared that if my case didn’t lead anywhere, he would still find out and hurt me even more. Thirdly, I knew how hurt my family and friends would be after finding out and I didn’t want to put them through that”.
She also opened about the emotional aftermath due to the incident and revealed that she was diagnosed with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder as she wrote:
"I was diagnosed with PTSD a year and a half ago. I have made a lot of progress since the event occurred, but I won't pretend it isn't something that I struggle with. I still have flashbacks, I still get nightmares, I still jump when somebody touches me unexpectedly, even if it's my best friend tapping me on the shoulder."
Later, she also shared an infographic outlining rape statistics.
— Sarah Hyland (@Sarah_Hyland) April 12, 2017
— Debra Messing (@DebraMessing) April 12, 2017
Abigail Breslin: Quick Facts
- Abigail Kathleen Breslin was born on April 14, 1996, in New York City, New York, the U.S. to Kim (née Walsh) and Michael Breslin.
- She is American and her ethnicity is White.
- Actors Ryan and Spencer Breslin are her brothers.
- Her nickname is Abbie.
- She is 5' 1" (1.55 m).
- Her name Abigail was given after the former First Lady of the U. S., Abigail Adams.
- Breslin learned to play guitar herself by watching YouTube.
- Breslin started her career at the age of three from a Toys "R" Us commercial and made her acting debut from 2002 movie Signs.
- She was nominated best supporting actress at the age of 10 years in 2007, becoming the fifth youngest actress ever to be nominated in the category.
- She was named #18 on 30 Under 30' the actress list according to Entertainment Weekly in 2008.
- Her estimated net worth is $16 million as per the Celebrity Net Worth whereas it is $12 million as per The Richest.