Everyone makes mistakes, especially when they are in love. Turns out former figure skater and fashion model Kristina Joy Alfonso, 53, is no exception as well.
However, Alfonso is the one to learn from her mistakes as she recently admitted to in an interview. She's definitely learned from her first marriage and is now happily married.
Days of Our Lives Actress Kristian Alfonso’s Secretive Married Life
Popularly known for her buoyant character “Hope” in NBC drama/serial, Days of our lives, Alfonso’s second and successful conjugal life started with Danny Daggenhurst on October 6, 2001.
Daggenhurst and Alfonso have two kids together, Jack and Spartan. While Jack is the couple’s own child and Spartan is Kristian’s stepson.
Alfonso seems like she is really happy with her new husband and new married life.
Being a mom and a wife is always first position. My family always comes first. I’ve already made a mistake by failing on my first marriage and now I don’t want to repeat the same mistake again.
Danny is not a popular public figure and is very limited in his relationship to Alfonso when it comes to media exposure. He says that he loves his family a lot and his first priority in life would always be them.
Talking about her husband, Kristian states:
Danny is a very forward and responsible man. He is happy and always ready to take over all the household activities and helps me with whatever he can. He also provides me all the support that I need in my professional life. And because he is so supportive and loving, I will forever be his and would never imagine about the end of our marriage.
She started her conjugal life with Danny Daggenhurst on October 6, 2001, after Alfonso’s divorce with Simon in 1991.
Kristian Alfonso and Simon Macauley: A Divorced Couple
Alfonso had a very romantic relationship with Simon Macauley for 1 year and soon, their affair turned into marriage on 15th August 1987.
Despite being in love, their marriage was falling apart and they separated after 3 years of being together. Simon and Kristian has a son together, named Gino Willaim. The reason for the failure of marriage was never disclosed but she definitely knew how to deal with the divorce.
Get to Know Kristian Alfonso’s Family
Her family is so important to Kristian that she can’t stand to be away from her kids for extended periods of time — even when they are just down the street.
The actress hopes that her kids never cause her any of the problems that her character “Hope” had to deal with.
She shows immense love she has for her family through Instagram by posting pictures like such.
Quick Facts about Kristian Alfonso
- Alfonso began her career as a figure skater and she was a gold medal champion at the Junior Olympic Skating Championships.
- After having a serious leg injury at the age of 13 that ended her skating career, she got inspired to start modeling. By the time she was 15, she had appeared on the cover of 30 magazines, including Vogue and Harper’s Bazaar.
- Kristian’s career took off to a greater height in April 1983 when she started playing Hope Williams on the soap opera Days of Our Lives.
- Despite having ups and downs in her career as an actress, she has acquired the permanent position on the show and has recently re-signed for two more years with the show.
- Alfonso also played a cameo role in Season 6 of Friends in an episode titled "The One That Could Have Been, Part 1" as Hope Brady from Days of Our Lives.