Hollywood is not always about on-again and off-again relationships and heartbreaking divorces but there are also some long-lasting relationships here. Together since 1987, actor Mads Mikkelsen and his wife Hanne Jacobsen are burning examples.
Together for over three decades, the couple tied the knot in 2000 and they are still going strong. They are also proud parents of two children. We have all the details here.
Started dating in 1987
The 52-year-old Danish actor Mads Mikkelsen and his wife of 18 years, Hanne Jacobsen started dating in 1987. They met due to their common passion for dancing. After dating for 13 years, the couple decided to settle down and they eventually tied the knot on 2nd Dec 2000.
Mikkelsen and Jacobsen are proud parents of two children, a son, Carl Jacobsen Mikkelsen and a daughter, Viola Jacobsen Mikkelsen.
Mikkelsen in the movie Doctor Strange
The actor is living a private life in his house in Toronto along with his family since 2012. Mikkelsen seems to be among those who don't like public attention due to their personal life as his Instagram is strictly professional and also he rarely makes any public appearance with his wife.
The pair last made their public appearance together at Marc O'Polo's 50th Anniversary in 2017. Their rare red carpet event appearance together also includes the world premiere of the movie Doctor Strange in Los Angeles in October 2016.
Revealed the secret behind his strong bond with his wife and kids
Mikkelsen and his wife lived 18 years of blissful married life along with their children. The actor once revealed the secret behind his strong bond with his wife and kids. He explained in an interview:
"A solid family, as they say. They join me on location if they have a chance, but I can also be home three or four months doing nothing, so I probably see my kids more than people who work constantly all year long. If that changes, we'll have to have a family meeting"
Mikkelsen lucky man to be blessed with such a lovely family.
What is Mads Mikkelsen Up to Now?
Mikkelsen who received Cannes Film Festival’s award for the best actor has a hand full of jobs, At present, he is busy with his upcoming project, Chaos Walking alongside Daisy Ridley and Tom Holland is in post-production. Likewise, his next movie the Arctic alongside Maria Thelma Smáradóttir is also in post-production.
His other upcoming projects are Death Stranding alongside Guillermo del Toro and Norman Reedus and Polar alongside Katheryn Winnick and Vanessa Hudgens. Both movies are filming.
Mikkelsen who started his career in the movie Pusher in 1996 rose to fame from the film series Pusher film trilogy.
He is best known for his performance in movies including King Arthur, Casino Royale, The Hunt, Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, and Doctor Strange.
Mads Mikkelsen: Quick Facts
- Mads Dittmann Mikkelsen was born on 22 November 1965, in Copenhagen, Denmark to Bente Christiansen and Henning Mikkelsen.
- His nationality is Danish and he is Caucasian as per ethnicity.
- His brother, Lars Mikkelsen is also an actor.
- Mikkelsen is 6' (1.83 m) tall.
- He was also a professional dancer but quit it to pursue his career in acting. He learned dancing at the Balettakademien (ballet academy) in Gothenburg.
- He attended Århus Theatre School.
- Mikkelsen is also a trained gymnast.
- He started his acting career with his debut movie Pusher in 1996.
- He was voted as the sexiest man in Denmark in women's polls.
- He appeared in Rihanna's Bitch Better Have My Money music video in 2015.
- His estimated net worth is $10 million.