Michael B. Jordan Opens About His Relationship: Is He Single Or Dating?
With the biggest hits of the year 2018, Black Panther, Michael B. Jordan is no doubt one of the heartthrobs in Hollywood. He also has been romantically linked to several celebrities, however, he never confirmed any of the rumor.
And to answers all the rumors regarding his dating life, recently, the actor decided to open about his relationship status.
Black Panther Star Michael B. Jordan Opens Up About His Relationship Status: Is He Dating AnyOne?
Early this year, some online sources claimed that Michael B. Jordan has found a new girl named Ashlyn Castro. The source revealed that the couple even celebrated New Year's Eve together.
But to everyone's surprise, the 31-year-old Black Panther star revealed that he is "technically single" in the same month. Talking to WSJ Magazine in January 2018, the handsome hunk said:
"Technically I'm single. Dating but, you know, technically single."
Yes, ladies you heard it right, he is single!
He also explained that living in L.A. might be the reason for being single:
"L.A. isn't the best place to date. No offense to L.A."
The actor also admitted that being alone is one of his biggest fears:
"One of my biggest fears is ending up being alone. Not having what my mom and dad have because the times are so different and my circumstances... I don't want to work less, you know?"
"So the more I work, the more, you know, seen or known you are... the more you're sought after."
Jordan seems to be more focused on his career at present. He is currently busy in his upcoming projects Raising Dion, Just Mercy, Fahrenheit 451, Wrong Answer and Creed II.
Michael B. Jordan: Dating Rumors
Through the actor hasn't introduced anyone as his girlfriend till date, he has been romantically linked to several high profiled celebrities time and again.
Most recently, fans are shipping the romantic connections between the actor and his Black Panther co-star, Lupita Nyong'o.
We can see their strong bond during several promotional events of their movie Black Panther. They were even spotted flirting backstage during one of the promotional events which Nyong'o shared on her Twitter. She has removed the post now.
Jordan and Nyong'o never confirmed their relationship.
Back in 2015, Jordan was romantically linked to Kendall Jenner. Their romance rumor first sparked after the stars were spotted leaving a Met Gala afterparty.
The actor later denied the rumor. He explained:
“It’s the world we live in. They see white and black. I don’t.”
He also admitted that Jenner is just his friend:
“Kendall’s a friend of mine, you know. I don’t know her, like, that well, but I know her enough,”
He was rumored to be dating 27-year-old rapper Iggy Azalea the same year. Jordan, however, denied his relationship with the rapper and claimed they were just good friends.
Michael B. Jordan: Quick Facts
- Michael Bakari Jordan was born on February 9, 1987, in Santa Ana, California, the U.S. to Donna (née Davis), and Michael A. Jordan.
- His nationality is American and his ethnicity is Black.
- His height is 5' 11½" (1.82 m).
- Jordan attended Newark Arts High School.
- The actor started his career as a child model for brands like Modell's sporting goods and Toys "R" Us.
- Meryl Streep is his favorite actress.
- He was the first choice for the role Corey Hawkins in the 2015 biographical film Straight Outta Compton. Dr. Dre later portrayed the role.
- His estimated net worth is $8 million as per Celebrity Net Worth whereas it is $1 million according to The Richest.
- Jordan was the one who was initially cast as Marcus Atwood in Triple 9 in 2016. Anthony Mackie later replaced Jordan.