Charlene, Princess of Monaco is Living Happily with her Husband Albert II, Prince of Monaco, Details About Their Married Life, Dating Period and Children
Princess of Monaco, Charlene, who is officially named as Her Serene Highness The Princess of Monaco has taken her royal responsibility in many presidencies and patronages after marrying Prince of Monaco Albert II.
Princess Charlene who is the former Olympic swimmer for South Africa also runs a foundation which is responsible for conducting several awareness programs in South Africa.
Princess Charlene of Monaco and her husband Prince Albert II of Monaco are celebrating six years of blissful married life. How you ever wonder the princess met her Prince? How is their married life going on? We have all the details of the royal couple here.
Charlene, Princess of Monaco is Living Happily with her Husband Albert II, Prince of Monaco
Charlene, Princess of Monaco and her Husband Albert II, Prince of Monaco are happily married since 2011. The couple got engaged in 2010. The prince presented the future princess a pear-shaped three-karat diamond ring created by Parisian jeweler Repossi on their engagement.
Charlene, Princess of Monaco and Albert II, Prince of Monaco on their wedding
Source: Daily Mail
After a year of engagement, the couple tied the knot in 2011. Initially, the big day was planned for 8 and 9 July 2011 but was preponed to 5 and 9 July to be safe from a dispute with the International Olympic Committee (IOC).
It was also alleged that Charlene tried to escape to her home in South Africa for three times before the ceremony. The list of guests appearing at the ceremony included Prince and Princess Michael of Kent, Roger Moore, Jacques Rogge, and Sir Philip Green and his wife, Tina among other A-listers and royalties.
After marrying Prince Albert II, the former Olympic swimmer for South Africa has taken over her royal responsibilities in many presidencies and patronages like the Special Olympics, The Nelson Mandela Foundation, The Princess Charlene Foundation and others.
How Did Charlene, Princess of Monaco and Albert II, Prince of Monaco meet?
The prince of Monaco, Albert II, and the future Princess Charlene had their first encounter back in 2000 at the Mare Nostrum swimming meet in Monaco.
Princess of Monaco and Albert II, Prince of Monaco at Monaco Red Cross Ball Gala
The couple was first spotted together in 2001, however, they didn't make their relationship official until they appeared together at the opening ceremony of the Winter Olympics in 2006. Charleen and Albert II moved in together the same year.
Princess Charlene and Prince Albert II's Children
Charlene and Albert II are blessed with twins. The couple first announced the pregnancy news on 30 May 2014 and confirmed they are expecting twins on 9 October 2014.
The couple welcomed their twins daughter Gabriella Thérèse Marie and son Jacques Honoré Rainier on 10 December 2015 at The Princess Grace Hospital Centre.
Besides the twins, Prince Albert II has two illegitimate children from his previous relationship. He has a son Alexandre with former air hostess Nicole Coste and a daughter Jazmin with an American estate agent Tamara Rotolo.
Albert II also went through DNA tests since it was claimed that he has third and even possible fourth illegitimate children. None of those claims were confirmed.
Charlene, Princess of Monaco Quick Facts
- Princess Charlene was born as Charlene Lynette Wittstock.
- Her birthday is on 25 Januar, she was born in 1978.
- She was born in Bulawayo, Rhodesia.
- Michael Kenneth Wittstock and Lynette Wittstock are her parents.
- Princess Charlene has two brothers; Gareth, and Sean.
- She completed her schooling from Tom Newby Primary school in Benoni.
- She received three gold medals and a silver medal at All-Africa Games in1999.
- She also became a global ambassador for the movement in 2011.
Albert II, Prince of Monaco Quick Facts
- Prince Albert II was born as Albert Alexandre Louis Pierre Grimaldi at the Prince's Palace of Monaco.
- He celebrates his birthday on 14 March, he was born 1958.
- Prince Albert II is the son of Rainier III, Prince of Monaco and Grace Kelly.
- He graduated from the Lycee Albert Premier.
- He attended at Amherst College and Chi Psi fraternity.
- He can speak many languages like French, English, German, and Italian.
- Prince Albert II has sponsored Monaco's football teams.
- He has participated at the Winter Olympics for Monaco five consecutive times.?