“A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person." One of such marriages is that of Bridgette Wilson and Pete Sampras.
The former Miss Teen USA who is also a singer, actress, and model, Bridgette Wilson, is married to the former ATP professional tennis player Pete Sampras since 2000.
Bridgette Wilson and Pete Sampras are happily married for nearly 2 decades and are blessed with three kids. We have some exclusive details about the couple's relationship and marriage!
Bridgette Wilson And Pete Sampras: First Meeting, Falling In love, & Marriage
The happily married couple, Bridgette Wilson, 47, and Pete Sampras, 47, are married for over 20 years now. The love story of the adorable couple starts from a movie theater in L.A. in 1999 where Sampras saw Wilson for the first time. He recalled the moment saying:
“I said to my friend, half-kidding, 'I'd love to meet her,'"
Then his friend apparently contacted her and set a date for them. Wilson, on the other hand, had no idea who Pete was, as she wasn't into tennis. She said:
"I had never watched tennis, so I wasn't familiar with him,"
Bridgette Wilson added:
"But when I saw his picture, I was like, 'Oh yeah, he's a cutie.'"
Well after nine months of dating, Sampras proposed Wilson with a platinum ring and finally, the couple got married on 30th Sep 2000. Such a cla s sic love story!
How Many Children Does The Couple Have?
Wilson and Sampras are also blessed with two children. The couple first welcomed their first child, a son Christian Charles Sampras on November 21, 2002.
CAPTION: The happy family of four: Pete Sampras, wife Bridgette Wilson, and their sons Christian Charles Sampras and Ryan Nikolaos Sampras SOURCE: Professional Athlete Homes
The actress gave birth to their second son named Ryan Nikolaos Sampras, born on July 29, 2005.
What Makes This Couple Especial?
Like every married couple, Bridgette Wilson and Pete Sampras also faced some obstacles in their marriage life. There came a rumor of their split which made everyone surprised. Some source said,
'Pete and Bridgette have been arguing and fighting almost all the time. I don’t really understand why and how their relationship turned sour all of a sudden. Everything was fine until a few months ago. They used to argue and discuss like normal husband and wife. But now, things are getting real nasty,”
Source also added the problem started between the couple after the birth of their child as they couldn't spend quality time together. However, Bridgette Wilson and Pete Sampras overcame the problem, obviously, as they are now happy and together.
CAPTION: Bridgette Wilson And Pete Sampras looking happy and drop-dead gorgeous on their wedding day. They got married on 30th Sep 2000 SOURCE: Pinterest
This is an inspirational marriage for all. Let's hope we only hear happy news from this couple.
Bridgette Wilson's Quick facts
- Bridgette Wilson was born Bridgette Leann Wilson on September 25, 1973, in Gold Beach, Oregon, United States.
- Her parents are Dale & Kathy Wilson and have a sister, Tracy Wilson.
- She attended Gold Beach High School, graduating in 1991.
- Her first acting job after arriving in Los Angeles was on the daytime series Santa Barbara.
- She crowned Miss Teen USA in 1990.
- Wilson made her film debut in 1992's Last Action Hero alongside Arnold Schwarzenegger.
- Her last on-screen appearance was the 2008 movie Phantom Punch, which starred Ving Rhames, Stacey Dash, and Nicholas Turturro.
- Wilson also released two albums, I Only Wanna Be with You in 1994 and Gimme a Kiss in 1996.
- Her husband Pete Sampras owns a net worth of $150 million as of 2020.