How Is The American Television Personality Pat Sajak And Second Wife Lesly Brown's Married Life Going? Blessed With Two Children
It's not often you find your genuine soulmate at the first attempt. Sometimes it takes ages while the other times, the second time happens to be the charm. Pat Sajak certainly belongs in the latter category as he bumped into his second wife with whom he is in a long-term relationship and shares two adorable kids.
If you're curious to learn more about this adorable couple as well as the past marriage of this popular TV Personality, you couldn't have arrived at a better place. Let's find out.
Pat Sajak's Blissful Married Life With Second Wife - Blessed With Two Kids
Pat Sajak is married to Lesly Brown. The couple tied the knot on 31st December 1989.
The pair first met a year earlier and dated for a while getting closer each day. This eventually led to them embracing each other as life partners. The wedding ceremony was held in a 19th Century Catholic Church. Dan Miller, Sajak's best friend was the best man at the wedding.
As per the 1990 People Magazine, Brown was an aspiring actor when she met Sajak. Apparently, the duo met at a sports bar in California thanks to a mutual friend. However, it was not a love at first sight. Sajak told People:
“There was no electricity in the air. The subject of [Brown] didn’t come up in my car ride home.”
However, the pair continued to keep in touch with each other. The friendship eventually blossomed into a romantic affair. During the spring of 1998, the lovebirds finally sensed they were falling in love. Sajak said:
“It was obvious that there was something more going on.”
The couple is together for nearly three decades. They are blessed with two children, a son named Patrick Michael James Sajak who was born on 22nd September 1990, and a daughter named Maggie Marie Sajak who they welcomed on 5th January 1995.
The duo's daughter Maggie is a popular figure who has made a name for herself as a country singer. She is most renowned for her 2011 debut single titled the First Kiss.
The entire Sajak family looks adorable together. Their son Patrick even sees himself as an amateur comedian, as he proclaimed in the bio of his old Twitter account back in 2011.
The couple carries a strong bond with no rumors of an extramarital affair. They are one of the most stable pairs with their relationship going as smoothly as ever. The family of four currently resides in their second home which located in Los Angeles, California.
Pat Sajak And His former Wife Sherrill Sajak-What Went Wrong Between Them?
It feels like ages ago back when Pat Sajak and Sherill Sajak were together. In fact, It's almost four decades since the pair first met back in 1978. They dated for a year before sharing wedding vows in 1979.
At the time, the newly married duo was extremely happy or so it seemed. It was kind of unthinkable they would go on to separate. However, fate had other plans as this couple divorced 7 years later in 1986. It is believed the separation was down to personal differences which grew them apart.
Sajak subsequently moved on with a lovely wife and two adorable kids. However, the same can't be said for Sherrill who is still single. Apparently, she did not date anyone after her marriage ended. Now at the age of 73, it looks unlikely she will get into a relationship again.
Pat Sajak: Quick Facts
- She was born as Patrick Leonard Sajdak on 26th October 1946 in Chicago, Illinois.
- His star sign is Scorpio.
- His parents are Leonard Anthony Sajdak and Joyce Helen.
- His grandparents were Polish.
- He finished his high school in 1964.
- He went to Columbia College Chicago.
- He was enlisted in the US Army in 1968.
- He was a radio newsman for a Chicago radio station and the US Army before becoming a mainstream celebrity.
- He worked for a Spanish radio station despite having no knowledge of Spanish.
- He once turned down the cover of People Magazine.
- He is best known for hosting the show Wheel of Fortune for over two decades.
- His net worth is estimated to be $65 million while his annual salary stands at $15 million, as per celebrity net worth, in 2019.
- He has, so far, donated more than $17,000 to Republican Party's candidates and election committees.
- He is also the part of the Churches of Christ.
- He also made an appearance along with Jeff Probst and Neil Patrick Harris in April Fool's episode, at the beginning of 2010.