Who Is Grown-ish Star Yara Shahidi Currently Dating? The Actress Is Notoriously Private
ABC's sitcom, Black-ish's spin-off series, Grown-ish which was premiered on January 3, 2018, is receiving a positive response. The series follows the journey of Johnsons' eldest daughter Zoey portrayed by Yara Shahidi.
Along with the success of the series, it's lead actress Shahidi is also gaining huge popularity. The 18-year-old model and actress is already winning hearts of millions. We are quite up to date with her career but what about her personal life? Is Shahidi dating anyone at present? Who is her boyfriend?Let's find out here.
Is Grown-ish Star Yara Shahidi Dating Anyone At Present? Who Is Her Boyfriend?
Grown-ish star Yara Shahidi is quite busy with her career nowadays. The young actress has a hand full of works as she is busy in sitcom Black-ish and its spin-off series Grown-ish.
Taking to the Seventeen magazine in its 2017 November/December issue, Shahidi revealed that she is too busy to date anyone:
“I haven’t dated anybody. My general outlook is if I don’t have time to take a bath on a regular basis, then I don’t have time for another human. I love being busy, and I enjoy where I am at right now.”
Well, it indicates that the 18-year-old young actress is single at present and she is more focused on her career and studies than dating a boy.
Last year, she also revealed her desire of attending college:
"Acting has been amazing and I love every moment of it, but it wasn't something I planned for. College is something I've been planning for, for such a long time. I've wanted to go to college before I was in middle school and so I think because of that, that's what made this such an insanely cool moment and also nerve-wracking because I was like 'I've been leading up to this. This is 12 academic years in the making!'"
Shahidi is going to attend Harvard University soon which she revealed in an interview with Jimmy Kimmel on his show, Jimmy Kimmel Live! in March 2018.
Watch the interview here:
She revealed her desire of studying social studies at Harvard University. Reportedly, the former first lady Michelle Obama wrote a letter of recommendation to Harvard University for the actress.
Yara Shahidi; Her Career At Present
The actress is currently busy in ABC sitcom, Black-ish where she is portraying the role, Zoey Johnson, the eldest daughter of leads, Andre "Dre" Johnson Sr. portrayed by Anthony Anderson and Dr. Rainbow "Bow" Johnso portrayed by Tracee Ellis Ross.
She starred in the sitcom since its first season which was premiered on September 24, 2014. The first season had 8.49 million views on average.
Shahidi received NAACP Image Award for Best Supporting Actress in a Comedy for her role in December 2014. At present, the sitcom is airing its fourth season which was premiered on October 3, 2017, on ABC.
Besides, she is currently starred as a lead in Black-ish spin-off series, Grown-ish which was premiered on January 3, 2018, and had 0.95 million views in its first episode. The series in about Zoey Johnson's journey to adulthood.
Yara Shahidi: Quick Facts
- Yara Sayeh Shahidi was born on February 10, 2000, in Minneapolis, Minnesota, the U.S. to Keri Salter Shahidi, and Afshin Shahidi.
- She is 5' 3" (1.6 m) tall.
- She is American and her ethnicity is Mixed (half African-American and half Iranian).
- Actor and model Sayeed Shahidi is her younger brother and rapper Nas is her cousin.
- Shahidi is a black belt in a martial art form, Tang Soo Do.
- The actress started her career at the age of six appearing in television and print commercials for McDonald's, Ralph Lauren, GapKids and much more.
- She made her movie debut from the movie, Imagine That in 2009.
- She achieved Generation Next Award at the 10th annual Essence Black Women In Hollywood event in 2017.
- She modeled in Drake's music video, Nice for What.
- She is a founder of eighteenx18 which is a creative story-telling platform to engage present generation to speak our truth, get active and vote.