How Is The Married Life Of Meteorologist Mike Bettes And His Wife Allison Chinchar
Mike Bettes is an American meteorologist who works as an anchor for The Weather Channel Atlanta, Georgia. Currently, he serves as a host for 'Weather Underground'. Previously, he co-hosted a popular program 'America's Morning Headquarters'.
Similarly, Allison Chinchar is also a meteorologist who has served for the networks like HLN Weekend Express, CNN, and CNN International. She has also collaborated with the American Metrological Society and National Weather services.
How two career-oriented and equally busy individuals fell in love? How is their married life going? Do they share any children? We have all the details here.
Meteorologists Mike Bettes And Allison Chinchar's Married Life And Relationship
Mike married to none other than freelancing CNN meteorologist Alison Chinchar in October 2012. The couple organized their wedding ceremony in Atlanta, Georgia. Mike has not talked more about his private life; so, we do not have complete information about his wedding ceremony.
This couple is very happy with each other and has already celebrated nine happy years together. In July 2014 Alison announced that she was pregnant and soon she would give birth to a baby.
Welcome Landen Benjamin Bettes! 8lbs 3oz. He's as peaceful as can be. pic.twitter.com/loTf8zdD9U
— Mike Bettes (@mikebettes) January 31, 2015
This news went viral on and it was covered by almost all top news agencies. At the beginning of 2015, finally, they welcomed their first baby as a gift of their marital relationship. Mike posted a picture on Twitter after the birth of their son named Landen Benjamin Bettes on January 31, 2015.
Bettes said that his baby was healthy with a weight of 8 pounds and 3 ounces. After one year, Mike, his wife, and baby were seen on a new year vacation, and the picture was posted on her Instagram.
His Previous Married Life With Stephanie Abrams
Mike was previously married to American television meteorologist Stephanie Abrams. The two have been working together for The Weather TV for many years. After working together for some time, they started dating.
Mike popped the question and they were engaged in a private ceremony, after some months. Then they exchanged their vows and their onscreen chemistry was always evident. Many problems were arises in their marriage life and started living separately and finally got divorced.
Sources reported that Mike has two children Tallmadge Bettes and Ohio Bettes. But, it is yet to be revealed who is the biological mother of these kids.
Know More About Allison Chinchar
Alison Chinchar is an American meteorologist from Ohio, U.S.A. She is currently working as an anchor on CNN and she worked for WXIA-TV, previously. Alison graduated from Ohio State University.
Recently, Alison lives in Atlanta, Georgia, with her supportive husband Mike and baby boy Landen.
Mike Bettes' Quick Facts
- Mike Bettes was born on January 9, 1972, in Tallmadge, Ohio, United States.
- He graduated from Ohio State University.
- He also won an Emmy Award.
- The TV meteorologist Bettes currently works for The Weather Channel.
- As per some sources, the veteran TV personality has a net worth of $5 million in 2020.
- Mike Bettes likes to surf the Internet, watch college football (especially Ohio State football) and work out. He collects sports cards and bobbleheads too. Talking about his interest in the field of music, he likes Rock, Classic Rock, Country, Jazz, New Age and, Polk.
- And some of his favorite artists are Bruce Springsteen, Oscar Peterson, Dave Mathews Band, Miles Davis, Ray Charles, Garth Brooks, Alan Jackson, Jimmy Buffet, Rolling Stones, Eric Clapton, Ray LaMontagne, and John Mayer.