Rishi Kapoor Dies of Cancer One Day After Irrfan Khan Passes Away
Rishi Kapoor Passes Away After a Long Battle With of Cancer
- Rishi Kapoor died of bone marrow cancer on Thursday morning.
- He passed away at Sir H. N. Reliance Foundation Hospital in Mumbai.
- Rishi was diagnosed with cancer in 2018 after which he underwent treatment in the USA.
- His death news comes just a day after Bollywood and Hollywood actor Irrfan Khan passed away.
- He is survived by his wife Neetu Singh and two children Ranbir Kapoor and Riddhima Kapoor Sahani.
Another sad news for the Bollywood industry! It's been just a day since Irrfan Khan passed away from complications of colon infection and a report now says that veteran actor Rishi Kapoor died of bone marrow cancer.
Kapoor passed away on Thursday morning at Sir H. N. Reliance Foundation Hospital in Mumbai after getting admitted on Wednesday morning.
Amitabh Bachchan took to Twitter on Thursday, April 30, to confirm his death news. He wrote, "T 3517 - He's GONE .. ! Rishi Kapoor .. gone .. just passed away .. I am destroyed !"
Additionally, his brother Randhir Kapoor said in a statement that Rishi was taken to the hospital, noting that there was no emergency.
Rishi was diagnosed with bone marrow cancer in 2018. He underwent treatment in New York City and after a successful treatment, he returned to India one year later on September 26, 2019.
In February 2020, due to his health issues, he was hospitalized twice.
His last released movie was the 2019 mystery thriller film The Body starring Emraan Hashmi. A film titled Sharmaji Namkeen, starring Rishi Kapoor and Juhi Chawla, is still under production.
Rishi Kapoor is survived by his wife Neetu Singh, son Ranbir Kapoor and daughter Riddhima Kapoor Sahani. Rest in Peace!!!