Poland National Football Team, World Cup 2018
The Poland national team represents Poland in association football. The team is controlled by the Polish Football Association. FIFA has ranked the country in 7th position, as of November 2017.
Poland won a gold medal at the 1972 Summer Olympics in Munich. The team has participated in European games first being qualified in 2008.
Michał Żewłakow is the most capped player with 102 and Robert Lewandowski is the top scorer with 52 goals.
Adam Nawałka, The Coach
Adam Nawałka is the head coach of the national team. He is a retired footballer currently managing the national team. He has previously worked as an assistant coach for the Polish national team.
Newalka has managed many other teams such as Świt Krzeszowice, Wisła Kraków, Wisła Kraków, Zagłębie Lubin, Sandecja Nowy Sącz, Jagiellonia Białystok, Wisła Kraków, Poland (as an assistant coach), GKS Katowice, and Górnik Zabrze.
Robert Lewandowski, The Star
Robert Lewandowski is the captain of the national team and plays as a striker for Bayern Munich. He was ranked as the fifth-best footballer on the planet in 2015, by The Guardian.
Lewandowski has been named the Polish Player of the Year a record seven times. He was voted Polish Sports personality of the Year in 2015 and claimed fourth place at the 2015 FIFA Ballon d’Or Awards.
- Lech Poznań
- Ekstraklasa: 2009–10
- Polish Cup: 2008–09
- Polish SuperCup: 2009
- Borussia Dortmund
- Bundesliga: 2010–11, 2011–12
- DFB-Pokal: 2011–12
- DFL-Supercup: 2013
- UEFA Champions League runner-up: 2012–13
- Bundesliga: 2014–15, 2015–16, 2016–17, 2017–18
- DFB-Pokal: 2015–16
- DFL-Supercup: 2016, 2017
- II liga Top Goalscorer: 2006–07 (15 goals)
- I liga Top Goalscorer: 2007–08 (21 goals)
- Ekstraklasa Best player: 2009
- Ekstraklasa Top Goalscorer: 2009–10 (18 goals)
- Polish Revelation of the Year: 2008
- Polish Footballer of the Year: 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
- DFB-Pokal Top Goalscorer: 2011–12 (7 goals), 2016–17 (5 goals)
- FIFPro World XI 2nd team: 2015, 2017
- FIFPro World XI 3rd team: 2013, 2016
- FIFPro World XI 4th team: 2014
- Bundesliga Top Goalscorer: 2013–14 (20 goals), 2015–16 (30 goals)
- Bundesliga Team of the Year: 2014–15, 2015–16, 2016–17
- UEFA Euro qualifying Top Goalscorer: UEFA Euro 2016 qualifying (13 goals)
- Best player of UEFA EURO 2016 qualifying
- Polish Sportspersonality of the Year: 2015
- UEFA Champions League Squad of the Season: 2015–16, 2016–17
- IFFHS World's Top Goal Scorer of the Year: 2015
- Bundesliga Player of the Year: 2016–17
- FIFA World Cup qualification Top Goalscorer: 2018 FIFA World Cup qualification (16 goals)
- Scoring record for a single UEFA European Championship qualification: UEFA Euro 2016 qualifying (13 goals)
- Scoring record for a single European FIFA World Cup qualification: 2018 FIFA World Cup qualification (16 goals)
- First European player to score 16 goals in a FIFA World Cup qualification
- Most hat-tricks scored in a single European FIFA World Cup qualification: 3 (2018 FIFA World Cup qualification)
- Highest number of scored goals in a game by a substitute: 5 (matchday 6 of 2015–16)
- Shortest elapsed timespan until a scored hat-trick: 4 minutes (between minute 51 and 55 of matchday 6 of 2015–16)
- Shortest elapsed timespan until five scored goals: 8 minutes 59 seconds (between minute 51 and 60 of matchday 6 of 2015–16)
- 100 German top flight goals quicker than any foreign player
World Cup 2018
Poland has made seven FIFA appearance to date. The team booked their place to FIFA after a 12-year absence topping European Group E in their final game.
Poland will be playing against Senegal, Colombia, and Japan at the Group Stage match, World Cup 2018. For more details about the matches look at this World Schedule.