Maria Carey Sells Engagement Ring From Ex-Fiance James Packer's For $2.1 Million
Singer Mariah Carey Sells Her Engagement Ring For $2.1 Million; Way Less Than It's Worth
- Singer Mariah Carey sold her engagement ring.
- The 48-year-old singer sold her 35-carat diamond engagement ring for only $2.1 million to an LA jeweler.
- The engagement was given by her ex-fiance and Australian billionaire James Packer as part of the settlement.
- The pair was engaged for over 10 months before they called it quit in October 2017.
- They started dating in June 2015 and started living together in LA after their engagement in early 2017.
Mariah Carey sold her 35-carat engagement ring that her ex-fiance James Packer gave her two years back. The Butterfly singer, 48 sold the huge diamond sparkler for $2,.1 million; way less than it's worth, reported online tabloids.
Page Six reported the diamond ring that worth around $13.2 million was a part of the financial settlement the singer made last year after she called off her engagement from the Australian media baron.
Carey's publicist told Page Six,
Mariah has been very vocal recently about her choice to move forward in her life surrounded by positivity.
That requires leaving the emotional and material baggage behind, including an old engagement ring from an ex-boyfriend.
A source revealed Carey had a business manager quietly sell the ring for $2.1 million to a Los Angeles jeweler. The source said,
A confidentiality agreement was signed, but the jeweler is currently selling it, and there's only on such ring. Mariah Carey's public relations people are desperately trying to keep the story from the press, and have threatened the jeweler with litigation if he discloses her name.
The couple started dating in June 2015 and dated for a year and a half before getting engaged in January 2017. Carey and Packer announced they were engaged on January 21, 2016, however, they called off their engagement by October last year.
After the breakup, Carey reportedly sued Parker seeking $50 million in compensation for having to move to LA to live with him. Later, they settled their matter out of the court for an undisclosed amount of sum.