Love Is Still In The Air For Actor Viggo Mortensen And Girlfriend Ariadna Gil!
The Award-winning actor is in a relationship with actress Ariadna Gil since 2009 after meeting on the sets of movie Alatriste in 2008. How is their relationship going on? We have all the details regarding Mortensen's present and past relationship here.
Actor Viggo Mortensen Is Dating His Actress Girlfriend Ariadna Gil Since 2009
Viggo Mortensen and his longtime girlfriend, Ariadna Gil has been together for nine years now and they are still madly in love with each other. Reportedly, the couple first met on the sets of movie Alatriste in 2006.
As per some gossipmongers, the 50-years old Spanish actress who is renowned for her role in Pan's Labyrinth in 2006 was a married woman when she met Mortensen and they started having an extramarital affair. A source also claimed Mortensen was in a relationship with another woman.
Gil was married to director and screenwriter David Trueba and they even shared two children together, Violeta Rodriguez and Leo Trueba. Together, the legendary actor and his partner Ariadna have worked twice, both in the Western film Appaloosa and Alatriste.
At present, Gil and Mortensen are living a private as they both are inactive on social media and rarely open about their relationship on media. The couple, however, makes public appearance time and again.
The power couple has been sharing a loving relationship from the past many years now. But, the two yet to be get married. They rarely make their red carpet appearance. Both of them also does not active on social media platforms.
Mortensen and his longtime partner Gil are a devoted family member. They are co-parenting successfully their three children.
Most recently they were seen in downtown Manhattan in New York where they enjoyed quality time along with Gil's son, Leo Trueba.
Mortensen and Gil reside in their Madrid house since the beginning of their relationship. The loving couple can be spotted walking around Madrid's popular Chueca neighborhood these days.
Viggo Mortensen: Past Relationship And Marriage History
Mortensen was previously married to singer and actress Exene Cervenka. Mortensen met his first wife on the sets of comedy movie Salvation! in 1986 in which they both starred.
The pair eventually tied the knot on July 8, 1987. Mortensen and Cervenka welcomed their first child, a son, Henry Blake Mortensen on January 28, 1988.
During their blissful times, the couple used to reside in Idaho, however, they called it quits after five years of married life and announced their separation in 1992. Their divorce was eventually finalized in 1997.
Cervenka is now married to Jason Edge since 2002.
Viggo Mortensen: Quick Facts
- Mortensen was born Viggo Peter Mortensen Jr. on October 20, 1958, in New York City, New York, the U.S. to Grace Gamble and Viggo Peter Mortensen Sr.
- He has dual citizenship of America and Denmark and belongs to Caucasian ethnicity.
- He is 5' 11" (1.8 m).
- His nicknames are Vig, Guido, and Cuervo.
- He attended Watertown High School and St. Lawrence University.
- Mortensen made his acting debut in the 1985 movie Witness.
- He is also a painter and photographer and often paints abstract.
- Ten Last Night is his first book which was published in 1993.
- He is a jazz musician.
- Mortensen was listed in People Magazine's 50 Most Beautiful People in 2002.
- Icelandic painter Georg Guðni Hauksson was his good friend who died in 2011.
- His estimated net worth is $30 million, according to celebrity net worth, as of 2019.
Ariadna Gil's Facts
- Ariadna Gil was born Ariadna Gil Giner on January 23, 1969, in Barcelona, Spain, under the birth sign Aquarius.
- She began her career, appeared as the cover of a local indie Catalonian magazine.
- From the last few years, the actress is slowing down in her film work as her last movie project was 2014 film L’altra Frontera, a Spanish film.
- As of 2019, she has an estimated net worth of $9 million.
- Ariadna is a huge football fan and supporter home team F. C. Barcelona in major league matches.