Is American Author-TV Personality Cathy Areu Secretly Married? Who Is Her Husband?
Reporter Cathy Areu is an inspiration to women all around the world who want to pursue their career as a journalist. She has dedicated almost two decades of her life in journalism.
She has been on the field for so many years, does that mean her personal life is not as perfect? Some reports claim that she is married and is living a blissful life with her husband. Is it true? Find out here.
Is Author-Journalist CathyAreu Secretly Married? Who Is Her Husband?
The author and journalist Cathy Areu is mostly famous for her occasional column for the Washington Post titled First Person Singular which mainly involved short interviews with the biggest names of the political world including James Baker, Al Franken, and Laura Bush.
She is in the journalism world for many years but despite being a popular face her personal life is still a big mystery. As per the reports, Areu is a married woman. She is secretly married to her long-term boyfriend, whose identity is still not revealed.
Despite being married for about two decades, she has never spoken about her husband and thus the mystery remains intact. We can guess that she might be enjoying her conjugal life and wants to keep it private.
She posted a photo with a Valentine’s Day token on Valentine’s Day 2016. But, next to the token was her bulldog, Wesly, and not her partner.
However, on 25 April 2017, she made a public appearance with her husband while attending the Paul & Dee Dee Sorvino celebration of a new book named Pinot, Pasta & Parties at 200 East 57th Street.
Cathy Areu's Children- Personal Life
Cathy Areu shares two daughters with her husband, they were born in 2007 and 2009. But, their names are not revealed.
Some reports say that she wants her daughters to follow Democratic principles and often expresses her fear of growing up to be Republicans.
She rarely shares her family life and children’s activities on her Instagram. She often posts her behind the scenes moments.
Besides, Arue’s Instagram is filled with her pet bulldog Wesley’s pictures. There is no doubt that she has a wonderful family and we wish her all the best for her future endeavors.
Cathy Areu: Quick Facts
- Catherine Areu was born on 15 February 1971, in Summit, New Jersey.
- She was born to Colombian immigrant parents
- She is of Hispanic ethnicity.
- She graduated from the Florida State University with a B.A. in English literature.
- Areu then earned MS in English from Nova Southeastern University.
- She taught English, journalism, and ESL for Palm Beach County schools.
- She frequently appears on Cable television.
- She is also the founder of Catalina magazine.
- From 2006-10, Areu wrote a column for Washington Post, entitled First Person Singular.
- While she was there, she interviewed numerous personalities like Laura Bush, James Baker, Alberto Gonzalez, Al Franken and Nancy Pelosi.
- Throughout the years, she has appeared on a number of occasions on various political talk shows, including The Sean Hannity Show, Fox and Friends, Tucker Carlson Tonight and Prime News.
- In 2006, she published her first book Latino Wisdom: Celebrity Stories of Hope, Inspiration, and Success to Recharge Your Mind, Body, and Soul.