Friends Matthew Perry Spills About His Dating Life And Past Struggles With Alcohol and Drugs
Renowned for his witty and sarcastic character Chandler Bing on NBC television sitcom Friends, Matthew Perry is no doubt one of the most eligible bachelors in Hollywood.
Perry who was once an addict has put his life back on track and seems to be doing great. With everything going good, Perry also seems to have found love but is yet to spill the beans about his relationship. Here is everything you want to know about his dating life.
Matthew Perry's Dating Life
Canadian-American actor Matthew Perry seems to be single as he hasn't been romantically linked to anyone.
Though the 48-year-old Friends star has been spotted with mystery brunette time and again, Perry is yet to make his relationship public.
Perry was previously in a relationship with Mean Girls actress Lizzy Caplan. They started dating in 2006 which lasted for six years and separated in 2012.
"It happened a year and a half ago. They haven't been together for a long time."
Another source revealed that they broke up since the actor didn't want to settle down.
"Maybe Matthew just didn't want to marry Lizzy or maybe he never wants to get married at all. I don't know, but I do know it was an issue for them. They're both decent people. I don't think the split was ugly."
Prior to Caplan, he was also in a relationship with Julia Roberts.
They started dating after the actress made a guest appearance in the sitcom Friends in 1995, however, parted ways in 1996.
Matthew Perry: Drug And Alcohol Addiction
Perry was once a drug and alcohol addict and also attended a 28-day program in 1997 for a Vicodin addiction.
The actor revealed about his Vicodin addiction on his 46 birthday via a video.
Watch Video: Matthew Perry reveals about his drug and alcohol addiction
He said in the video:
“You can’t have a drug problem for 30 years and then expect to have it be solved in 28 days. I’m a pretty private person, but I was on a TV show that 30 million people were watching. So people knew. It was so public what was happening to me.”
Perry also revealed that he used to drink a liter of vodka per day and swallow about 30 tablets at his lowest point. The actor also confessed that he wouldn't have survived if treatment centers like the Phoenix House weren't there.
Moreover, Perry also drastically dropped around 66 kilograms over few years including his 20 pounds (9.1 kg) weight loss due to pancreatitis in 2000.
The actor also enrolled in rehab for addiction to Vicodin, methadone, amphetamines, and alcohol in February 2001. At the time, he was working in movie Serving Sara alongside Elizabeth Hurley.
Matthew Perry: Quick Facts
- Matthew Perry was born on August 19, 1969, in Williamstown, Massachusetts, the U.S. to Suzanne Marie Morrison and actor/ model John Bennett Perry.
- He has both Canadian and American nationality and is of White ethnicity.
- His height is 6' (1.83 m).
- Perry's nicknames are Matty and Matt.
- Perry attended Rockcliffe Park Public School, Ashbury College, and The Buckley School.
- He is is a fan of the Fallout video game series.
- He was honored with a Champion of Recovery award in May 2013. He also received TV Guide Awards in 2000, Screen Actors Guild Awards in 1996 and much more.
- Perry's estimated net worth is $80 million as per Celebrity Net Worth whereas it is $70 million according to The Richest.