How Much Is The Net Worth Of Dr. Younan Nowzaradan Who Features In The TLC Series 'My 600-lb Life'-His Income Sources And Career Details
Dr. Younan Nowzaradan, renowned for obesity surgery is a very experienced gastric bypass surgeon who hails from Houston. He is unfazed from performing in all the cases of obesity.
The surgeon features in a television show titled My 600-lb’ where he performs various surgical operations. He is a prominent TV star who leads all the weight loss activities. Here is a quick summary of Dr. Nowzaradan’s net worth, career, and achievements.
Dr. Younan Nowzaradan's Net Worth
Dr. Younan Nowzaradan's net worth is estimated to be $4 million. His source of income includes his career as a surgeon (specializing in gastric bypass surgery) as well as TV star. General surgeons are expected to make upwards of $275,000 a year in the US.
The average cost for gastric bypass surgery in the United States is $23,000. Similarly, lap band costs $14,500, and sleeve gastrectomy is $14,900.
These prices are merely average costs. Since Dr. Nowzaradan is known to take high-risk cases too, the prices potentially double in some instances. He definitely makes thousands of dollars per patient through his career as a surgeon.
Moving on, Younan's appearance on the show My 600-lb Life has helped him gain fame as well as a hefty pay cheque. Although the exact figures the surgeon earns through the show are not known, he reportedly makes hundred thousands of dollars for each episode in the show.
Dr. Nowzaradan has been featured in a handful of other titles in the past such as Bodyshock, Shrinking the World’s Heaviest Man, Half Ton Dad, Half Ton Teen and Survival of the Half Ton Teen.
Moreover, Dr. Nowzaradan has also authored a book titled, Last Chance to Live. The book focuses on his four-decade-long career in treating obese patients.
Dr. Younan Nowzaradan's Career And Achievements
Dr. Nowzaradan has had a very successful career in the medical industry with over 30 years of experience. This has helped him create a brand for himself. Younan is among the best surgeons in the world thanks to his excellent skills which has seen him rise to one of the best in the industry.
Nowzaradan features in a show that has attracted a large audience. The show is titled My 600-lb Life which has received high ratings. This has helped him become a household name, simultaneously rising in his wealth in the process.
On a rare negative light, in one instance the impressive surgeon Younan was once sued for malpractice by a woman who claimed he left a piece of tubing inside of her. That was after performing a gastric sleeve surgery on her.
Dr. Nowzaradan has conducted numerous successful surgeries leaving the clients with smiles on their faces. Nowzaradan’s extensive research in the field of medicine is definitely worthy of high praise and appreciation.
Dr. Younan Nowzaradan: Quick Facts
- Born on 11th October 1944 in the United States.
- His birth sign is Libra.
- He is a general and vascular surgeon who is also known as "Dr. Now".
- He is best known for appearing on the reality TV series My 600-lb Life.
- He specializes in gastric bypass surgery.
- He graduated from the University of Tehran in Iran in 1970.
- He initially focussed on eating habits before expanding to surgery.
- He is known for not rejecting high-risk clients.
- He has a medical membership to a variety of organizations which includes the American College of Surgery, the Texas Medical Association in Harris County, and the American Medical Association.
- He married Delores Nowzaradan in 1975 with whom she shares three children.
- His son Jonathan Nowzaradan is the producer of My 600-lb Life.
- His patients have been featured on Oprah Winfrey's show.