Tony DeLap Has Died On Wednesday At The Age Of 91.
- DeLap died at the age of 91.
- DeLap died on 29th May, Wednesday.
- He is survived by his wife Kathy and their two children (Kelly DeLap Evans and Jack DeLap) and three grandchildren.
- DeLap was born Truman Henry DeLap on 4th November 1927.
- DeLap was known for an art based on his intensive study of magic and illusion.
Oakland-born artist Tony DeLap, who is widely known for his sculptures and paintings, died on 29th May, Wednesday. He was 91 years old.
Parrasch Heijnen Gallery which represented him in Los Angeles, announced the death news.
He is survived by his wife Kathy and their two children (Kelly DeLap Evans and Jack DeLap) and three grandchildren.
DeLap, who was born Truman Henry DeLap on 4th November 1927, started his career in the Bay Area as a student at the California College of Arts and Crafts in 1944.
After completion of studying at Claremont Graduate School in Southern California, he taught at CCAC and UC Davis before being appointed to the founding faculty at UC Irvine. He served at the faculty from 1965 to 1991.
DeLap was known for an art based on his intensive study of magic and illusion. At the moment, his works are kept in collections for more than forty museums around the world.
His works can be found in the Museum of Modern Art in New York, the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art, and the Museum of Contemporary Art in Los Angeles.
Keep following ArticleBio.com!!!