Joy-Ann Reid Married Jason Reid and still Living Together with their Children without any Rumors
Joy-Ann Reid, a political commentator, and an author is a national correspondent at MSNBC. The talented journalist with multiple professions has managed her personal and professional life smoothly.
Joy is a married woman. She is happily married to Jason Reid. But, the journalist has maintained her personal life under wrap. How is their married life going on? Let's dig into their married life and find out.
Know about Joy-Ann Reid and Jason Reid married life
American television host, Joy-Ann Reid, is currently married to Jason Reid. Jason is a partner and senior editor at Image Lab Films and also a former senior editor at the Discovery Channel.
Joy is quite a secretive person. Joy and her husband Jason got secretly married and even haven't revealed their marriage date and location. Both of them have kept every detail of their married life under the radar. Though it was never revealed when it all started and how their love story began, the couple seems much in love and sharing a loving relationship for many years now.
They together are blessed with three kids, two sons, and one daughter and they are grown up. Well, we can guess that Joy and Jason were married for many years. Joy is currently in New York City with Jason with their children.
For fifty years old Journalists frequently shared pictures of her with her family. Observing the pictures, we can say she is sharing a healthy relationship with her husband, Jason Reid, and with her kids.
Know about Joy-Ann Reid's childhood
During Joy's childhood, her father was less supportive of her mother and her siblings. She and her sibling were raised by her mother only. But, died in 1986. After her mother passed away, Joy stood as a mother to her siblings.
In an interview with thegrio.com in June 2014 on the occasion of father's day, she shared:
“I really didn’t have my father in my life for most of my life. He would come visit us once every couple of years. He didn’t really do a good job at fatherhood, but what we did get out of the experience of his absence was a sense of real self-sufficiency. We were very self-reliant kids.”
She then concluded by saying that her children have opposite experiences since her husband Jason is unlike her father and he is a great dad.
Know about Joy-Ann Reid's career
Joy started her career back in 1997. She first served in a business consulting firm where she performed as host of the WSVN Channel 7 morning show. She also performed as co-host of Wake Up South Florida from 2006 to 2007 and radio talk show.
She then performed as managing editor, a political columnist for The Miami Herald, and the editor of The Reid Report political blog. Joy is currently serving as an MSNBC national correspondent since February 19, 2015.
Joy-Ann Reid Quick Facts
- Joy's birth name is Joy-Ann M. Lomena-Reid.
- She was born on December 8, 1968, in Brooklyn, New York.
- Joy was raised in Denver, Colorado.
- Joy-Ann graduated from Harvard University where she earned a degree in documentary filmmaking in Visual and Environmental Studies.
- She loves boxing.
- Joy-Ann is also a regular political commentator on television and in publications.
- She is the author of the Democratic Party, called Fracture: Barack Obama, the Clintons, and the Racial Divide.
- She won an award for the Women's Media Center in 2016.
- Reid's net worth is estimated to be $1.5 million, as per some reliable sources.
- The journalist released a book titled The Man Who Sold America: Trump and the Unraveling of the American Story, in 2019.