James Scott Bumgarner aka James Garner was an American actor who started his career back in the mid-50s and spent more than six-decade in the entertainment industry. Till his career in 2010, he has around 100 acting credits in his name. He is known for his work in the show and movies such as The Rockford Files, Maverick, Murphy’s Romance, Decoration Day, The Notebook and 8 Simple Rules.
Short-Bio Of James Garner
James Garner was born to Weldon Bumgarner and Mildred Bumgarner on April 7, 1928, in Norman, Oklahoma, the USA as James Scott Bumgarner. When he was around five years, his mother died and soon after this, his two elder brothers were sent to stay with their kin.
In 1934 his father got remarried and the family reunited but later on step-mother was forced to leave as she treated in a bad way to James and his siblings.
At the age of 86, James Garner died due to natural cause on July 19, 2014, at his home in Los Angeles.
Who was James Garner Wife?
The late actor, James was a married man. He shared he wedding vows with his lover Lois Clarke on August 17, 1956. While talking about their love story, they got married just after the two weeks of their first met at a rally.
Together the pair shared a daughter named Greta Garner and James was also stepfather to Kim's daughter from her previous marriage.
His Career and Net Worth
At the time of death, James Garner's net worth was around $20 million as per he celebrity net worth from his five-decade career. Here are a few lists of his income and salary
- For his role in the Warner Bros in 1956, he received around $2000 per week.
- In 1974 he was paid around $100,000 per episode in The Rockford Files
- From 1985 to 1989 his annual salary for television and radio spokesperson for Mazda cars plus one Mazda vehicle was $1 million.
While talking about his career, in brief, he made his acting debut from his appearance in the TV series named Warner Brothers Presents. In the same years, he was cast in the movie named Brink of Hell as Lt. Col. Joe Craven, The Girl He Left Behind.
Following this, he has worked ins several movies and series such as Conflict, Cheyenne, The Children's Hour, Maverick, The Americanization of Emily, A Man Could Get Killed, The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson, Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In, Nichols, Bret Maverick, My Fellow Americans, The Last Debate, 8 Simple Rules... for Dating My Teenage Daughter.
- In 1990, he was inducted into the ‘Western Performers Hall of Fame’.
- He was able to win inducted into the ‘Western Performers Hall of Fame’ in the year 2005.
- Also, he was honored with the ‘Career Achievement Award’ in 2010 by the Television Critics Association.
by samriddhi, 2020-12-03 21:41:23