Is Martha Plimpton Married Or Dating?Details about her Affairs and Relationship
Actress Martha Plimpton who started her career at the age of 10, recently premiered her new movie Hello Again on November 8, 2017, in 300 theaters nationwide for a limited run.
The movie is about falling in and out of a relationship. Talking about relationships, is the beautiful actress married? What is her current relationship status? We have all the details here.
Is Martha Plimpton Dating or Married?
Martha Plimpton is not married. However she was engaged to Jon Patrick Walker, but her engagement ended before the wedding bells.
According to some online sources, the 47-year-old actress is currently in a romantic relationship with her longtime boyfriend, Edward Owens. The sources, however, hasn't revealed many details about her boyfriend.
Actress Martha Plimpton and Edward Owens attended together Princess Grace Awards Gala in 2009
Reportedly, the couple started dating since 2009, and since then they have been spotted together in several red carpet events. The pair stood next to each other in the Princess Grace Awards Gala in New York City and All-Star celebration party in New York City in 2009.
Currently, the couple has maintained a low key, and the actress rarely shares about boyfriend on her Twitter. So far the lovebirds don't have any children.
The pair currently resides in New York according to Plimpton's Twitter and together have a wheaten-terrier mutt named Eloise.
Martha Plimpton's Relationship History
Before dating Owens, Martha Plimpton was in a relationship with Fred Armisen. The couple started dating in 2006; their relationship lasted only for a year.
She dated late actor River Phoenix in 1986. The pair also performed together in movies like The Mosquito Coast and Running on Empty. They were together for about three years and separated in 1989. The actor at the age of 23 collapsed and died of combined drug intoxication after a drug overdose at the West Hollywood nightclub The Viper Room.
Martha Plimpton and Jon Patrick Walker who engaged in 1995
In 1995 Plimpton got engaged to Jon Patrick Walke. But before their engagement led to marriage, they called it quit in 1996. The actress was also rumored to be dating actor Fred Armisen in 2005. But they were never confirmed the relationship. As of now, she is probably single.
Martha Plimpton’s Abortion Comments
'Goonies' star grabbed a huge media attention after her interview by Dr. Willie Parker at a #ShoutYourAbortion event in Seattle in June. In the interview, the actress shared that she had her first abortion at age 19.
“Seattle has some particular significance for me for lots of reasons. I’ve got a lot of family here, some of whom are here in the audience tonight. I also had my first abortion here at the Seattle Planned Parenthood!”
“Notice I said ‘first’…and I don’t want Seattle — I don’t want you guys to feel insecure, it was my best one.”
The actress is also an abortion advocate.
Martha Plimpton: Quick Facts
- Plimpton was born Martha Campbell Plimpton.
- She was born on November 16, 1970, in New York City, New York, U.S.
- Her parents are actors Keith Carradine and Shelley Plimpton.
- She is 5' 5" (1.65 m) tall.
- Plimpton started off as a model in early 1980s.
- She started her career as an actress making debut from The River Rat in 1984.
- She rose to fame after her performance in the Richard Donner film The Goonies in 1985.
- Plimpton was nominated for a Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series and three Tony Award nominations and Primetime Emmy Award nomination for Outstanding Guest Actress.
- She received an Emmy for her performance in CBS legal drama The Good Wife in 2012.
- As a teen the actress became the vegetarian after her boyfriend, the late River Phoenix introduced her to the lifestyle.