Gay designer David Bromstad's ex Jeffrey Glasko filed a lawsuit against him. Find out who won
David Bromstad and Jeffrey Glasko were in a relationship since 2004 but after eleven years of togetherness they broke up in 2015. The cause of the relationship was reported to be David's drinking and drug problem.
After the split, Jeffrey Glasko filed a Law Suit against David Bromstad citing a breach of an oral nuptial-like cohabitation contract. More details here.
David Bromstad And Jeffrey Glasko's Messy Breakup
In the legal papers, Jeffrey claims that David who's been an HGTB's host after he was honored with Design Star in 2006 left him financially and emotionally devastated and revealed that David was caught up with the dark world of drugs and sex.
Miami Court said that some allegation in the Lawsuit that Jeffrey said was;
among the most scandalous I’ve ever reviewed” and struck the allegations from the suit.
And in another amended complaint in December 2015, Jeffrey Glasko said that the shared funds (between Jeffrey and David) were used by the accused (David) for his illicit drugs and prostitutes which resulted in the loss of trust and confidence in the relationship.
But the judge ruled against Jeffrey and dismissed his breach of contract claims. In other words, Jeffery lost the case and David came out clean. David Bromstad clarified himself saying:
“These salacious claims were made by a desperate person,”
And David lawyer, William V. Roppolo, said;
“The allegations are part of a lawsuit that has been dismissed in Mr. Bromstad’s favor with sanctions levied against [Jeffrey Glasko].”
Jeffrey Glasko hasn't been in news since then. However, David is enjoying Miami putting all the break-up and lawsuit stress from his life. He also attended the Miami Beach Gay Pride party at Miami on Feb. 9, 2017.
The fun continued for David as seen in his another Instagram post, here's one with the Gay Pride flag.
Is there no effect of the break-up and the lawsuit to David? Is his boyfriend right about his drinking and sex habits? This is the question only Bromstad can answer.
What is David Bromstad up to now?
The HGTV Design star of 2006 is busy with his work as the host of the show "My Lottery Dream Home." The show is all about finding the lottery winner their dream home and Bromstad is loving it as he says;
"Basically, I find lottery winners and I have to find them their dream home."
Along with that, Bromstad also co-hosted HGTV's game show Beach Flip, where several couples competed against each other and the winner is announced as per who raises their beach home property value the most.
As a designer, David has made an innovation in the field of what he does best, renovation of houses with limited budgets.
David Bromstad's Quick Facts
- David Bromstad was born David Reed Bromstad on 17th August 1973 in Cokato, MN, under the birth sign Leo.
- His father's name is Richard Harold Bromstand, who is of Norwegian descent, and his mother's name is Diane Marlys Krueger, who is of Swedish and German descent.
- He has three siblings, Dean Richard Bromstad, Dynelle Renee Bromstad, and Dyonne Rachael Bromstad.
- He went to the Wayzata High School and later on joined the Ringling College of Art and Design in Sarasota, Florida.
- He stands at the height of 6 feet and 1 inch.
- He became the winner of the first season of HGTV Design Star in 2006.
- In 2007, he started hosting Color Splash with David Bromstad on HGTV as well as Color Splash Miami on HGTV which debuted in 2010.
- He is also the host of HGTV's My Lottery Dream Home.
- As of 2021, his net worth is estimated at $2 million.