Four Decades Of Togetherness-Maxine Waters And Sid Williams Are Married Since 1977-Their Relationship Details
Maxine Waters is one of the biggest names in American politics. She is the most senior congresswoman among 12 other black congresswomen working in the United States Congress at present. With a high status of her political career, has Waters been able to maintain her personal life as well? She is married to Sid Williams since 1977.
Throughout their 42 years of married life, they faced several controversies and were even rumored to be divorce. How is their relationship going on at present? We have all the details here.
Maxine Waters And Former Sid Williams Are Married Since 1977
The 81-year-old Congresswoman Maxine Waters and her football linebacker husband Sid Williams have completed four decades of togetherness. The couple exchanged the vows in 1977.
Her husband, Williams is a former NFL star who played for several football teams including Cleveland Browns, Washington Redskins, the Pittsburgh Steelers, and Baltimore Colts. He also worked as a Mercedes-Benz car dealer in Hollywood and also became the U.S. ambassador to the Bahamas.
Every relationship has ups and downs and some goes out with this lovely couple. Like every married couple, Water and Williams also faced several ups and downs in their conjugal life.
In 2017, some sources even claimed that the longtime couple was going to divorce soon. The source revealed that Waters made a shocking announcement of divorcing her husband because of his “collusion with another woman” during a DC dinner party in July 2017.
Williams, however, denied cheating his wife and also asked Waters for evidence to which she replied:
“there were several private investigators looking into it, and that is what is taking place at this place and time and this is what is necessary to pursue this to its proper conclusionary state.”
Waters later denied the allegation of their divorce and confirmed she is not divorcing her husband. Well, it seems like they have overcome their differences and settled down their problems.
Despite being married for 42 years, Waters and Williams don't have any children. Waters, however, has two children from her previous marriage Karen Waters and Edward Waters.
As of now, the couple resides in their multi-million Los Angeles mansion.
Maxine Waters: Past Affairs And Relationship History
Williams is the second husband of the Congresswoman. Previously, she was married to former husband Edward Waters. Maxine and Edward decided to settle down soon after she graduated from high school in 1956.
The former pair is proud parents of two children, a son Edward Waters and a daughter Karen Waters.
They were together for around sixteen years; however, later called it quits and chose different paths. The estranged duo cited irreconcilable differences as the reason behind their separation. Their divorce was finalized in 1972.
Maxine Waters: Quick Facts
- Maxine Moore Waters was born on August 15, 1938, and is 81 years old.
- Maxine was born in St. Louis, Missouri, the U.S. to Remus Carr and Velma Lee.
- Her nationality is American, and she is Black as per ethnicity.
- She is also known as Mad Maxine.
- Waters attended Vashon High School and Los Angeles State College (now called California State University).
- During her early age, she worked as a busgirl in a restaurant in downtown St. Louis.
- She worked as an assistant teacher in Watts for Head Start.
- She was elected to the U.S. House of Representatives in 1990.
- Waters is the most elder of the 12 black women working in the United States Congress at present.
- Maxine Waters' net worth is $5 million.
- Maxine stands at the height of 5 feet 5 inches.
- Maxine weighs around 58 kg.