How The Queen Of Comedy, Carol Burnett Built Her Million Dollar Net Worth? Details Here!!
The Queen Of Comedy, Carol Burnett, is one of the most celebrated names in Hollywood. She has spent over six decades in the industry and has made her name in musical broadways, films, television shows, and sketch comedy.
She rose to fame from her sketch comedy program, The Carol Burnett Show. Thanks to her iconic performance, she has maintained a huge amount of net worth. Let’s find out here how much worth she has earned from her profession. What are her sources of income? And her awards and achievements.
What Is The Queen Of Comedy, Carol Burnett’s Net Worth?
Carol Burnett is one of the most celebrated Hollywood superstars, especially in comedy. She has accumulated a huge amount of money throughout her career mainly from her sketch comedy program, The Carol Burnett Show and a decent salary from numerous movies and television contract.
The 85-year-old veteran celebrity has estimated net worth of $25 million as of September 2018 as per the Celebrity Net Worth.
In 1955, Burnett earned $1,15,000 every week from The Paul Winchell Show and Jerry Mahoney Show. Similarly, in 1981, she won a lawsuit against National Enquirer and received $1.6 million as a compensatory amount.
Burnett continued to appear in films and television programs and bagged a good amount. Here is the list of some of her blockbuster hit movies to date.
Box Office Collection
The Trumpet of the Sawn (2001)
Horton Hears a Who! 2008)
Post Grad (2009)
The Secret World of Arrietty (2012)
Burnett is not only a successful Hollywood star but also an accomplished author. Her five books are available at Amazon for an average price of $12.
Where Does Carol Burnett Live? See Her Assets, Lifestyles, And Charity
Burnett lives in a $50 million mansion in Montecito, California. She bought the house back in 2001 after hosting her own talk show. When she bought the home actually it was not even for sale but she convinced its owner. It sits on about an acre of land and has seven bedrooms.
View this post on Instagram
The same year, she sold her 2-bedroom 23-rd floor unit in Montanan’s Trump Tower building for $5.8 million. Forbes reported, as per local sources, she was also trying to sell it for $36 million.
Even being one of the richest Hollywood stars, she has a simple lifestyle. She is not much active on social media. She doesn’t really show off her earning by purchasing expensive stuff.
Burnett is also involved in philanthropic works and she has donated over $1 million for several humanitarian organization. In 1981, she donated $450K for charity from the total lawsuit winning an amount of $1.6 million. In 1955, her weekly salary was $115K from The Paul Winchell And Jerry Mahoney Show.
Burnett is likewise the proud owner of Mercedes Benz which worth around $22K. She has also authored several books which includes This Time Together: Laughter and Reflection which is priced $11.56 for Kindle, $15.77 for Hardcover, and $12.17 for Paperback.
Carol Burnett’s Awards And Achievements
The Queen of comedy Carol Burnett has been honored with several accolades and awards for her contribution in the Hollywood films and television industry. She received six-Emmy Awards from 23 nominations. Here is the list of some of her prestigious awards and accolades to date.
- 1986: she received the Golden Globe Award for Best TV Star-Female category from The Carol Burnett Show.
- 1998: She was honored with Grand Marshall of the 109th Rose Parade and the 84th Rose Bowl Game on New Year’s Day.
- 2003: She received the Kennedy Center Honors.
- 2005: Presidential Medal of Freedom Award from the United States then-President George W. Bush.
- 2009: She was inducted into the California Hall of Fame at the California Museum for History, Women and the Arts.
- 2014: She received the Harvey Award by The Jimmy Stewart Museum.
Carol Burnett: Quick Facts
- Born as Carol Creighton Burnett on 26, April 1933, in San Antonio, Texas.
- She is one of the most celebrated Hollywood actors who stepped into theater, films, television, and music.
- She became a theatre performer for Warner Brothers Theater (now Hollywood Pacific Theatre).
- She has spent over six decades in Hollywood.
- Burnett made her film debut in Who’s Been Sleeping in My Bed? (1963).
- She landed her own sketch comedy show, The Carol Burnett Show in 1967 which lasted for one decade.
- In 2001, she lent her voice in an animated film The Trumpet of the Swan starring alongside Jason Alexander, Mary Steenburgen, Reese Witherspoon, and Seth Green.
- Burnett worked alongside Jim Carrey, Will Arnett, Seth Rogen, Isha Fisher, Amy Pohler and John Powell in an animated movie Horton Hears a Who! (2008).
- In 2017, she hosted the 50th anniversary of her show, The Carol Burnett Show: 50th Anniversary Special.
- In 2018, she hosted her own show A Little Help with Carol Burnett in Netflix.
- As of now, she has published five books.
- She has been married thrice, most recently to Brain Miller in 2001.
- Previously, she was married to Don Saroyan (1955-62) and Joe Hamilton (1963-84).
- She welcomed three children; Carrie Hamilton, Jody Hamilton and Erin Hamilton with Joe Hamilton.
- Her eldest daughter actor/singer Carrie Hamilton died in 2002 due to lung and brain cancer.