News anchor Jim Gardner is happily married to Amy Gardner, his wife, for 46 years now
American eminent commentator and news anchor James Goldman AKA Jim Gardner is widely known for his marvelous contribution as a news anchor for WPVI-TV in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Just like his professional career, his personal life is also smooth and happy.
Jim 's married life with his wife Amy is going strong for decades. So, what is the reason behind their decades-long marital relationship? What about the couple's children?
Jim Gardner Is Happily Married To Amy Garden
Everyone might be familiar with the fact that Jim Gardner is a married man and is leading a healthy marital relationship with long-term wife, Amy Gardner. The couple tied the knot in a private ceremony attended by friends and families back in 1970.
Sources reported that the duo was in a relationship for a couple of years before tying the knot. The couple met for the first time when Amy worked in wpvi's sales department.
A Happily married couple Jim Gardener and Amy Gardener, Source: Philly style mag
The husband and wife share two children; daughter, Emily Goldman (born in 2001), and Jesse Goldman (2004). Gardner also has two children, Josh, and Jenn from her previous marriage with a psychologist, Julie. Even after the divorce, Gardener is still friendly with his ex-wife and also helped financially.
The family currently resides in Villanova, Pennsylvania. As of now, it has been almost a half-century since they exchanged wedding vows and are happy together.
Jim Gardner's Net Worth, Salary, And Career
Jim, who started his professional journalism career in 1968, has definitely earned a high figure of money. His net worth, as of 2019, is reported to be around $4 million. According to the Philadelphia Inquirer WPVI-TV's Jim Gardner's salary is around $925,000 every year except is not yet revealed in media.
Jim started his career covering news in 1970 by reporting from "Noteworthy Student Riots" at Columbia in 1968 for the college's radio station.
From that point, he joined 1010 WINS in New York City as the assistant, writer, and producer. He, later on, became the columnist for WFAS radio in White Plains.
Jim is known for his immense experience and accomplishment and became a man of the Year in 1996 by The Broadcast Pioneers of Philadelphia.
Quick Facts about Jim Gardner
- James Goldman was born on 17th May 1948 in New York City, New York, under the birth sign Taurus.
- James Goldman is famously known as James Gardner.
- He is American as per nationality, and as far as his ethnicity is concerned, he is White.
- In 1970, he earned a degree in political science from Columbia University.
- Jim joined Brown University to pursue a Master's Degree in 1974.
- He is popularly known as a news anchor for WPVI-TV in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- Jim is the father of four children.
- Jim is married twice and divorced once.
- Jim has almost interviewed every president and presidential candidate since 1976.