Billie Holiday Biography
- Age: 102 years old
- Birth Nation: United States of America
- Height: 5 Feet 8 Inch
- Name: Billie Holiday
- Birth Name: Eleanora Fagan Gough
- Nick Name: Lady Day
- Father: Clarence Holiday
- Nationality: American
- Birth Place/City: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
- Ethnicity: American
- Profession: Acting, Modeling
- Net Worth: $8 Million USD
- Eye Color: Brown - Dark
- Hair Color: Black
- Body Measurements: 34-26-30 (Bust-Waist-Hip)
- Breast Size: 34
- Waist size: 26 in
- Hip Size: 30 in
- Neck Size: 9.0
- Shoe Size: 10
- Weight in KG: 56 kg
- Famous for: Singer and Songwriter
- Boyfriend: Joe Guy (Common law Husband too)
- Married: Yes and Her marriage is Intresting
- Married to: Jimmy Monroe, whom she married in 1941 and divorced in 1947. Common law husbands of Billie Holiday is Joe Guy and Louis McKay, whom Billie eventually married in 1952.
- Children: Yes she have 2 Kids and father is unknown.
- Divorce: Yes
- Education: N\A
- Awards: She was discovered by John Hammond
- Online Presence: Wikipedia, Facebook, Twitter, Tumbler, 27
Billie Holiday is not an unknown name for the jazz’s fans. The 1950s’ superstar in the jazz music industry Billie wrote only a few songs but many of them are considered to be the jazz standards till date. She was nicknamed ‘Lady day‘ by her friend Lester Young. About Lady Day critic john Bush wrote ‘Holiday changed the art of pop vocals forever.” ‘God Bless the Child’, Lady Sings the Blues, Fine and Mellow, ‘Don’t Explain’ are the remarkable songs co written by her. Strange Fruit: a protest song about lynching of a black man became a rage after her recording it in 1939. This emotional Ballad is considered to be one of her ‘Classics’. Her other massive hits are Easy living , Good morning Heartache the man I love, porgy etc.“Uncover able, possibly the greatest singer of the century” was what music critic Robert Christgau said about her.
In her autobiography about the songs like ‘The Man I Love’ and ‘porgy’ she said “I’ve lived songs like that”. Holiday was a chronic alcoholic and was also reported of drug abuse. Although she lived a very short lifespan of 44 years she recorded over more than 100 songs and is still today remembered for her inimitable singing style and touching songs.
Billiemarried life was not successfull some fact about her married life is mentioned below.
Here are some Billie Holiday and Billie Holiday Facts.
- Last modified :